ENQUIRIES – +44 (0)7870 114 704
Terms & Conditions
Hirer : The person or persons entitled to drive the vehicle
Owner: Nostalgic Motoring Ltd (NML)
Persons not entitled to drive:
The Insurers will not cover anyone who –
- is under 25 or over 70 years of age
- has not held a driving licence for cars with a manual gearbox for at least 2 years
- has had their motor insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their cover cancelled by any motor insurer
- in the last 3 year, has been convicted of any offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motor cycle and has had their licence suspended or had their licence endorsed with more than 2 speeding convictions.
- whilst driving, has been involved in more than one accident in the last 3 years
- has any mental or physical defect or infirmity or suffers from fits, diabetes or any heart complaint.
Insurance policy cover:
All vehicles are insured on a fully comprehensive policy. They are also covered by RAC Breakdown & Recovery. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the vehicle is locked and secure when unattended (any security devices supplied with the vehicle must be used). The Hirer will be required to produce a recent utilities bill or bank statement along with a passport & full driving licence (card and paper counterpart) prior to hire which must both carry the same postal address for the Hirer as the credit card used for payment of Hire.
One additional driver may be added for a nominal charge (subject to proof of identity as above).
Accidental damage, Fire & Theft:
The Hirer must cover an excess charge on any claim (see Tariff Tables). A credit card imprint will be required by the Owner on the first day of hire to cover this excess and/or any additional charges, fines, etc.
Credit cards (Visa or MasterCard) and Debit cards are accepted as forms of payment.
Bookings can be made by Credit card (Visa or MasterCard), Debit card or by Cheque with guarantee card. A booking deposit of 25% of total hire cost subject to a minimum of £50 will be required to confirm a booking. Bookings will be confirmed by e-mail once payment of deposit has cleared.
If a vehicle is required at short notice (less than 28 days) payment for total hire must be made in full at time of booking.
Use of Vehicle:
The vehicle may be used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes only by any person permitted by the Owner to drive during the hire period. The vehicle may NOT be used for racing, track days, pace making, reliability trial, driving tuition, towing or conveyance of passengers for hire or reward. The vehicle may not be taken outside the UK without prior written permission from the Owner.
No smoking is allowed in the vehicle at any time.
No pets are allowed inside the vehicle at any time.
Choice of Vehicle:
In the event of the chosen vehicle being unavailable due to accident, mechanical or other problems outside our control, the Owner will inform the Hirer and offer either an alternative vehicle for the same date or an alternative date.
If the Hirer cancels the hire of a vehicle 14 days or more prior to the date of hire there will be a cancellation charge of £50 (if the booking deposit is greater than £50, the difference will be refunded to the Hirer). For cancellation less than 14 days prior to date of hire there will be no refund on car hire deposit. Any cancellations made more than 8 weeks in advance will receive a full refund of the deposit.
Vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue. Extensions to expiry date of a voucher may be possible subject to negotiation and any increase in rental charges. A voucher may be transferred to an alternative driver or to an alternative vehicle. No refund may be claimed for any unused vouchers.
The vehicles are supplied to the Hirer with a full tank of petrol. At the end of the hire period, the Hirer shall return the vehicle to the Owner with a full tank of petrol. Failure to do so will result in a charge for refuelling plus an administration charge (Stated at the time of hire). The Hirer is responsible for using the correct fuel type for the vehicle and failure to do so will result in a charge for any associated maintenance costs.
Materials supplied by the Owner:
Vehicles, security locks, keys, spare parts, tools, maps, instructions, brochures and other materials and equipment supplied with the Vehicle remain the property of the Owner at all times and must be returned to the Owner at the end of the hire period. Failure to do so will result in a charge for replacement.
Any vehicles or personal possessions left at the Owners property or kept in the vehicle when on hire are left there entirely at the Hirers risk.
Hours of Hire:
The hire period is from 08:00 on the first day to 20:00 on the last day. Failure to comply will result in additional hire charges based on the daily hire rate.
The Hirer shall reimburse to the Owner on demand the sum of-
- any charges for fuel, damage or other miscellaneous charges shown in this agreement and in the current Tariff table
- the Owners costs, including reasonable legal fees incurred in collecting payments due from the Hirer under this agreement
- any fines, congestion charges, penalties, court costs or other expenses imposed on the Owner by law arising from the use of the vehicle whilst on hire
- the Owners estimate of replacement or repair costs, costs to cover the Owner for loss of revenue pending repair, recovery, towing and storage charges if the vehicle is stolen, lost or damaged prior to its return by the Hirer or its recovery by the Owner.
By making a booking, whether in writing or by telephone, the Hirer agrees to these terms and conditions. The Hirer will be required to sign the Owners Vehicle Hire Agreement before the hire commences. The Hirer agrees to accept the debit for any charges incurred under these Terms & Conditions to his/her credit card.